Venue and Stony Brook Campus Services
The Stony Brook Center for Game Theory International Conference and Workshops are held at the Charles B. Wang Center. The Wang Center, designed by architect P.H. Tuan, was founded in 2002 and is aimed at being "the foremost world-class center of Asian and Asian American arts and culture".
Here you'll find the directions to get there.
Please, check out the current and upcoming exhibitions here. You can also take a look at the performances held at the Wang Center, or at the films and other programs.
Dining and entertainment
The Campus Dining Services have several locations. To find the different campus dining facilities, please see their map. You can check every location's menu here.
There is also the University Cafe located at Student Union, 1st floor, entrance on the left side of the building (see map). Jazz bands and rock groups are often invited to the University Cafe. Hours:
- Cafe: Monday to Friday, 12pm to 5pm
- Lounge: Wednesday & Thursday, 5pm to 12am. Friday & Saturday: 5pm to 2am
A variety of concerts, and movie shows regularly happen at Staller Center for the Arts and Charles B. Wang Center
Computers and Internet
Guests visiting Stony Brook University can wirelessly connect to the Internet through WolfieNet-Guest, a wireless network specifically designed for guests of the University participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, or research initiatives.
In addition, computers and internet use are available in the SINC sites on campus. You will find details on location, contact data, opening hours, hardware and software available by clicking on any particular SINC Site.
||Melville Library, Rm. S-1460 .
|Chemistry SINC Site
||Chemistry Building, Rooms 432 & 434
|Computer Science SINC Site
||Computer Science, Room 2116
|ESS SINC Site
||Earth and Space Science SINC Site - Room 081
|Engineering SINC Site
||Engineering Building, Room 106/108
|Fine Arts SINC Site
||Staller Center, Room 1301
|Harriman Hall SINC Site
||Harriman Hall, Room 320
|Humanities SINC Site
||Humanities Building, Room 2046
|Life Sciences SINC Site
||Biology SINC Site, Life Science Building Room 022
|Math SINC Site & CoLA
||Math/Physics Building, Room S-235
|Physics SINC Site
||Physics Building Room P-121
|Social and Behavior Sciences SINC Site
||Social & Behavioral Sciences Building, Room N620
|Union SINC Site
||Student Union, Room 080
Printing, Copying and Postal Services
- Document copy, fax, and other services are available through FEDEX Office, located on the lower level of the Melville Library. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm when classes are in session, 10am to 4pm during summer.
- A UPS Store is also available at the SB Union Lobby. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, and Saturday 10am to 2pm.
- There are three mail rooms on campus. The Keller Mail Room is located at the Keller College in Roosevelt Quad. The Irving Mail Room is located in Irving College in Mendelsohn Quad. The Chapin Mail Room is located at the Chapin Apartment Complex. The Irving Mail Room provides postage and mailing services that include 1st class letters, flat rate mail, package services and express mail by way of USPS. If you need stamps or regular-sized envelopes, they may be purchased at the Seawolves Market located in the SAC (Student Activity Center).
- There are also two off-Campus US Post Offices nearby.
- The Stony Brook Post Office is located at 129 Mail Street, Stony Brook. Go WEST on 25A past Astoria Federal Savings Bank. Continue down 25A 1.5 miles. When you come to the intersection of 25A and Main Street TURN RIGHT. The Stony Brook Post Office will be on your right in a shopping center.
- Or if you prefer, you can go EAST on 25A. Go approximately 1 mile and the Setauket Post Office will be on your right. If you come to the Chase Bank or King Kullen Shopping Center, you have gone too far.